Re: McDonough

   Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Can anyone think of anything that rivals the death of Will McDonough?
> The press TV coverage has been extraordinary and now comes word he being
> waked at the FleetCenter.

    I didn't catch any TV news on Friday, but from what I read in Saturday's
papers, the Boston TV stations led off their early evening newscasts with
McDonough's passing, and on Channel 5, Clark Booth (once a sports reporter
on WBZ-TV) put together one of his trademark appreciation pieces about
McDonough. Being waked at the Fleet Center (or as was reported on Channel 7
news this morning, a memorial tribute at the Fleet Center) is quite
extraordinary, IMHO.

Mark Watson