Re: Maurice Gibb has died

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Bob Nelson wrote:

> The Baby Boomer generation has lost the likes of
> George Harrison, John Phillips, and John Entwhistle.
> Now, Bee Gees singer Maurice Gibb has passed away
> at 53 (of a heart attack while waiting for intestinal
> blockage surgery).

Sad news indeed.....although as I read on CNN.com, moments after the news
came out (I happened to be doing my overnight shift at WKIT this morning
at 4 AM when the news came out) he had had the surgery on Friday, and
initially he seemed to be doing really well, but he did not last through
the critical 48 hours which are sometimes the most crucial part of major
surgery like that.

Jeremy