Re: The Wave(was: Re: Rockline/Clear Channel)

At 05:20 PM 1/11/03 -0800, Cooper Fox wrote:

> > Clear Channel is hiring engineering personnel in
> > their Portsmouth facility.  They're running ads on
> > The Wave WQSO 96.7 for what they perceive to be a
>
>Does the Wave seem to have a heavy commercial load?
>Or does it seem fairly light?  I'd guess that they
>wouldn't want to waste an avail with a promo like that...

This is pretty common these days, though you tend to hear it more for sales
reps than for engineering staff.  The rationale, I presume, is that it
makes it that much easier if you're a listener (and thusly familiar with
the station & its format).  Not sure I'd bother with a non-programming
position on AllAccess....it's more dj/PD oriented than engineering.