Re: Rockline/Clear Channel

Jeremy Mixer wrote:
>CC seems to be doing a lot of cleaning up, several positions (all full
>time I beleive) in the Bangor market were eliminated Thursday......and
>I'm wondering if a similar trend is happening throughout the country.
>It really makes me wonder about their finances.....what is between the
>lines so to speak.......I feel bad for those that lost their
>jobs.....I hope they at least got severence packages......

Clear Channel is hiring engineering personnel in their Portsmouth facility.  They're running ads on The Wave WQSO 96.7 for what they perceive to be a "young man's" job (fast-paced environment, computer savvy, latest technology, cutting edge, etc...) on a station targeting people 50+.  Not to say that people over 50 couldn't do the job, but their intent is barely disguised.  Can you say "Extreme Engineering?

Roger