Re: Re:Re:Wired.com on Reversing Consolidation

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:15:36 -0500 (EST) Garrett Wollman
<wollman@lcs.mit.edu> writes:
> <<On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:40:34 -0500, Dave Faneuf
> <tklaundry@juno.com> said:
>
> > They have always been part of the Boston market for ratings
> purposes, but
> > back in the old days they served the communities of license and
> nearby
> > communities.
>
> As far as the Commission is concerned, they (meaning WQSX, WKLB-FM,
> and WROR-FM) still do serve their communities of license, by
> irradiating them with an electric field which exceeds 3.16 mV/m in
> 50%
> of locations at least 50% of the time.

Dave writes:
I'm not talking about signal strength over their COL, I'm talking about
service to the community.

> In any event, you continue to miss my point, which is that it's not
> at
> all comparable to the sort of move-outs done in Texas.  Those
> stations
> were *moved out* of their markets.  Not the studios, the
> transmitters.
>
> -GAWollman

The comparison is still valid because while the Texas stations were moved
out of their old markets, the wannabe Boston stations just ignore their
"local" market.  Both by choice just using different vehicles.  (or were
the Texas stations forced to move?)
df