Re: Re:Re:Re:Wired.com on Reversing Consolidation

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:38:34 -0500 "Mark Watson" <markwats@attbi.com>
writes:
>    The current owner of WCAP reportedly refuses to sell to anyone,
> not just
> anyone affiliated with the Lowell Sun. As was posted here in the
> past,
> Maurice Cohen has reportedly turned down big buck offers for the
> station.
> Also as posted here in the past, when Mr.Cohen passes away, it will
> be
> interesting to see what happens to WCAP. As his only living survivor
> is a
> sister who I believe is older than him and I think is not in the
> best of
> health, she may not be in a position to run the station if it is
> left to
> her. Then and only then will there be a sale of WCAP, question is
> who will
> buy? Will there be others looking to buy besides Kendall Wallace of
> the
> Lowell Sun or the Sun's owners, Media News Group? And will whoever
> ends up
> with the station keep it local or eternally connect it to birdfeed?
> I hope
> it isn't the latter.
>
> Mark Watson

As far as I know MC has only gotten one offer from someone that was not
affiliated with the Lowell Sun in one way or another,  that was the offer
made by Ed Carroll and his group.
df