Re: Rockline

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> I'm not a big rock fan, but we used to carry the Wed. nite classic rock
> version of the show on WNHI and I agree with Jeremy that it was an
> excellent show.  I wish Bob Coburn luck with finding a syndicator.  He's
> not the first to go this route...as I recall Dr. Demento went thru many
> syndicators until he distributed it himself.

The big difference between a show ;like Rockline and a show like Dr.
Demento is that Rockline is carried live, Demento is distributed on disks
(strange to think it was actual vinyl discs back in the day!)

I do not know anything about it, but I suspect that Coburn will hgave a
hard time finding someone to carry the show. Interestingly, at the end of
Rockline last night Premeire Radio Network was not mentioned.....

> As far as the difficulty in lining up acts to appear on the show...I don't
> know about the Monday night show (mostly current artists), but on
> Wednesdays the show was often changed last minute (you could never trust
> the schedule they sent you) because the artist backed out for one reason or
> another last minute forcing them to carry a rerun.

I'm sure this has always been an issue though.....and probably is an issue
on Monday nights as well.....musicians are random. I don't see why it is
suddenly an issue now...

Jeremy