Re: Maine PBS to expand basketball coverage

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "Boston Radio"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: Maine PBS to expand basketball coverage

> Then I can understand why Maine PBS would have skipped on the Class A
> tournament. Any reason for the Class A tourney being played at a different
> time?

I'm not sure.  The Class A regular season lasts a week longer than the Class
B, C, and D seasons.  Also, at least during the early rounds of the
tournaments, the facilities hosting the games are at capacity with the B, C,
and D games.  I think it would be very hard to shoehorn in the Class A games
at the same time.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine