Re: Maine PBS to expand basketball coverage

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "Boston Radio"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: Maine PBS to expand basketball coverage

> That would make no sense to me, since I would presume that the state
> championship games are probably played all on the same day (or two days)
at
> the same arena, correct? How much more would it cost to crew 2 extra games
> once you already have the people down there? Camera operators making
> $10/hour, announcers maybe making $100/game, the crew in the truck...you
> telling me they couldn't have come up with the $3-5k? It's not like they
> wouldn't have had setup and breakdown anyway.

Ignore my last e-mail.  I didn't understand what you were saying.

What has happened in the past is that a Bangor station has contracted to
broadcast the games but has had a hard time getting a Portland station to
broadcast the games.  In one recent case, a Portland station only signed on
after a Portland area team won the Western Maine Championship.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine