Re: Lowell Spinners' radio broadcasts

Kevin Vahey writes:
> One thing is a given Bob Ellis stays with the Spinners so that rules out
> WCAP as Maurice and Bob will not be breaking bread anytime soon.

What is the deal? I can understand WCAP not hiring Bob full-time...but why
the animosity?

> JUL could work as the model has been set by Staten Island which uses the
> City College station there ( the 6th inning brought to you by Burger
> King on Victory Blvd )

"The fourth inning brought to you by Fresh Kills Landfill....sniff and..."
(silence followed by vomiting noises)

To me, 91.5 is the Spinners' only opportunity if a WCAP deal is not reached,
though The Station Formerly Known As WADN puts in an OK signal into Lowell
at night (aren't they directional to the north?). Maybe Wayne Braverman can
do the color with Ellis...that might qualify as the Deep Voiced Tandem of
the Year and would keep a WJUL connection in there.

> Don't rule out 1510 as Sporting News Radio does the Brooklyn games

SNR was desperate to get play-by-play on 620 and they weren't getting the
Mets or Yankees. Also, I believe 620 had some programming related to the
Mets (i.e. the GM's show or Valentine's weekly show) and the Mets are
Brooklyn's parent club.

Having tried to pick up 1510 in Westford and along 495 at night, I believe
that's not even an option.