RE: Lowell Spinners' radio broadcasts

Sean writes:

> What is the deal? I can understand WCAP not hiring Bob
> full-time...but why
> the animosity?

Just my view, but it's less about Bob and more about his longtime
affiliation with WLLH/Lerner.  Chalk it up to the good old bad old
days of two independent rivals in a small market.  Personally, I
don't get it as far as Ellis is concerned, but if the team makes him
the deal breaker, then it just makes the whole thing just that much
more fun to watch.

> To me, 91.5 is the Spinners' only opportunity if a WCAP
> deal is not reached,
> though The Station Formerly Known As WADN puts in an OK
> signal into Lowell
> at night (aren't they directional to the north?). Maybe
> Wayne Braverman can
> do the color with Ellis...that might qualify as the Deep
> Voiced Tandem of
> the Year and would keep a WJUL connection in there.

Wayne's a wayback buddy of mine, and as much as he'd laugh out loud
at your suggestion, it would actually be a great listen.  WADN P's
in the wind short of Lowell any time of d/n.  By the way, Wayne
received an award at the recent WJUL 50th birthday party, a nifty
old-time radio (replica) for his nearly 30 years there.  He's
announced a retirement from the show in a few months (but we've
heard that before....)  WJUL's signal would certainly get the job
done.

Bill O'Neill