Re: Re:Re:Re:Wired.com on Reversing Consolidation

   Dave Faneuf wrote:

.  Fortunately the current owner of WCAP refuses to sell to anyone
affiliated with the paper, but I fully expect the publisher of the paper to
try to gain control upon the death of the current owner.

   The current owner of WCAP reportedly refuses to sell to anyone, not just
anyone affiliated with the Lowell Sun. As was posted here in the past,
Maurice Cohen has reportedly turned down big buck offers for the station.
Also as posted here in the past, when Mr.Cohen passes away, it will be
interesting to see what happens to WCAP. As his only living survivor is a
sister who I believe is older than him and I think is not in the best of
health, she may not be in a position to run the station if it is left to
her. Then and only then will there be a sale of WCAP, question is who will
buy? Will there be others looking to buy besides Kendall Wallace of the
Lowell Sun or the Sun's owners, Media News Group? And will whoever ends up
with the station keep it local or eternally connect it to birdfeed? I hope
it isn't the latter.

Mark Watson