Re: pirates, and expanded AM band stuff

On 9 Jan 2003, at 0:31, Bob Nelson wrote:

> At night, I've picked up the following legit X-band
> stations (and quite clearly):
>
> WPTX 1690 Lexington Park, MD --doing a simulcast on
> CNN Headline News (but with "southern Maryland news"
> at the top of the hour)
>
> WHKT 1650 Portsmouth VA  --Radio Disney (Logan Airport
> info is on the same freq but here on the North Shore
> I've been getting WHKT instead, after dark)

WPTX was even quite audible in Montreal on December 24th and 25th...

WHKT's format shift goes from 1 extreme to the other, having formerly been the home
of "The No. 1 Enemy of the State! Sab Cupelli!", during its days as a Liberty Works
affiliate.

Stephen Pickford
Travel World Radio
Travel World Radio Show & Travel World Reports
Distinctive Travel Broadcasting Opportunities for Leading News-Talk Stations Across America
Now Streaming On-Line 24/7 with the Travel World Radio Network

Tel.: (514) 630-9565
Fax:  (514) 630-8166

Member:  Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC)
http://www.travelmedia.ca

http://www.twc.ca