Re: More Boston dead-air party

dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:

>Well, after--I would say--at most, two weeks of STRN, WBPS, for the last week
>or so, has been back to dead air from 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM M-F, except for the
>aforementioned IDs and news feed. Unless the cause is yet another technical
>glitch (of which WBPS has been afflicted with many), and the programming
>makes
>a quick return, this has to have been one of the shortest runs of a new
>format
>in Boston radio history.

That's interesting.  Usually during satellite programming, IDs and cutaways
to network news are triggered by closures or tones from the program
source.  Unless they just programmed the automation to fire an ID and
switch sources at a hard time, this tells me that the syndicator is the one
sending dead air, but IS sending the TOH closure.  Weird.