Re: More Boston dead-air party

The day after I wrote the message to which Steve replied, audio returned to
WBPS between 8:00 PM and 4:00 AM. But it was not the Sports Terminal
Network. The feed (or maybe just a part of the feed) seems to come from
Genesis Communications Network (GCN). GCN's stock-in-trade seems to be the
most ultra-whacko talk anywhere. Note, I didn't say right-wing whacko
because I can't tell where these folks are in the political spectrum, except
that, according to them, whatever the government is doing is a plot against
the citizens. According to the GCN shows, the government (and remember,
they're talking about Bush--not Clinton) is planning to poison us or blow us
up or find some new means of doing away with us for reasons that are never
made clear to me. Maybe the idea is that the people who run the government
want for themselves all of the wealth that is currently in the hands of the
public.

Something that is almost as bizarre as this message is the strange format
(another technical glitch?). Last week, I heard two consecutive hours in
which some unnamed host would rant and rave as described above from :06 to
:30. Then, after the bottom-of-the-hour stop set, with no warning, I heard a
half hour of the (usually rather moderate) Jason Jarvis show--which I don't
think GCN syndicates. After the TOH news, the ranting by the unnamed host
began all over again. Or maybe it was a different unnamed host; I wasn't
listening that closely.

This makes me wonder whether the Sports Terminal Network, the week or more
of dead air, and this new programming aren't some from of stunting. If it is
stunting, I wonder whether what's stunted might be the mental development of
the programming genius behind it.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205, eFax 707-215-6367