Re:Re:Re: Amber Alert & WBZ

---------- "Aaron 'Bishop' Read" <aread@speakeasy.net> writes:
>From a practical standpoint, and this has been largely confirmed by >Mark's
>earlier post, I don't think any major news station is depending on EAS >for
>breaking news.   There's far faster and far more comprehensive means >of
>getting the info (police scanners, AP, metro, etc).  Hence another >reason
>why they're not concerned about any "advantage" WBZ might have.

Dave writes:
And as I posted earlier no one uses EAS for breaking news, but when the Amber Alert system is implimented it may be the first word a station down the line gets that the Ambert Alert has in fact been activated.  More to the point, and as someone else commented on earlier, WBZ is promoting Ambert Alert on the air, and as the point of entry they will have it first...
df