[no subject]

Depending on the alert, it could take up to 15 minutes (or more) to be
broadcast on the stations and it's not heard on all of the stations at the
same time.

Amber Alerts are a bit different and there are hopes of implementing a
system that is REGION SPECIFIC.  I.E., if there's an abduction in WESTERN
MASS, that's the area of the state WEST of 495, It passes through the same
channels at the state level, MEMA & The State Police and then, with a new
system in place, would automatically be activated on the REGIONAL level.
THAT system is in the works, however it appears some time off.

My point to all of this is:  EACH station, regardless of format (Music,
Sports, News, etc.), participates, on some level, in EAS.  It's to RELAY
information to the public to inform them of impending weather issues, child
abductions or, on the grandest scale, to broadcast a special or emergency
message from the President of the United States.

I'm sure I missed a FEW steps and monitor assignments, but you've got the
idea.

EAS-101 .....

Chris