Re: Re:Re: Radio Crudlie Awards for 2002

> I believe that the Ebert and Roper movie review show is produced by an
> arm of the Disney empire (Buena Vista TV?);  they occasionally give a
> "Thumbs Down"(tm) to one or two Disney products during the course of the
> year.

There's sometimes a political reason for this.  Disney, as with most
studios, frequently
distribute pictures for other smaller studios and/or producers.  These
marriages aren't always
pleasant.  I can think of more than one instance where a theatre owner was
told by a
studio salesman not to book a movie because it was a dog (read that as
"something that
we're distributing for someone else but we don't like the deal").  A recent
film shot up on the North
Shore didn't even open in one of the area theatres.  It opened instead at
Salem State!  That
says a lot for what the studio thought of the film.

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA