RE: Clear Channel ends streaming broadcasts ... please explain

--- Paul Hopfgarten <paul@03038.com> wrote:
> How about:
>
> A) Crappy Music!

Yeah, I don't really feel like going out and buying
Eminem's latest. But I do like some _other_ music
on CDs, though it's often stuff that isn't current.
Last 3 CDs bought (a week ago):

Pete Seeger: Greatest Hits
The Weavers: Best of Vanguard Years
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Friends: Will the
Circle Be Unbroken Vol. 3

Some good music IS out there.

> B) Getting Laid Off and realizing that CD's neither
> feed, clothe or shelter
> one or their family!
>
> (The people that copy CDs probably wouldn't buy them
> anyways)

The young'uns these days feel they're entitled to get
"free" music from the likes of Napster. They
forget that more than a few music artists aren't
as rich as Paul McCartney or U2, and they DO depend
on CD sales for much of their income...