RE: goodbye to 2002

On 2 Jan 2003 at 9:49, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Of course many automakers have gotten wise to this and have designed their
> interiors so that either the radio is odd-shaped or integrated into the
> dash.  While factory stereos generally have fewer bells & whistles, they
> also seem to be less flimsy than aftermarket ones.  Not having 87 dinky
> little buttons to deal with is a plus, too.  Also, if you want to listen
> to AM, forget about an aftermarket one.

This surprises me.  I would think the car manufacturers would have less incentive to make a
really good car radio -- they're selling cars, not radios.  And I would think that the aftermarket
manufacturers would have more incentive to make a good product -- otherwise, why should
anyone buy their product in place of the factory equipment?  So if the reverse is true, I
wonder why.