RE: goodbye to 2002

<<On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:25:28 -0500, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> said:

> This surprises me.  I would think the car manufacturers would have
> less incentive to make a really good car radio -- they're selling
> cars, not radios.

Makes perfect sense when you consider that the way people will
test-drive the car's sound system is probably by playing with the
radio.  With the exception of a few Blaupunkt and Becker models,
people don't buy aftermarket car stereos for their tuner sections, and
they mostly reflect that disinterest.

> And I would think that the aftermarket manufacturers would have more
> incentive to make a good product -- otherwise, why should anyone buy
> their product in place of the factory equipment?

Because, when they bought the car, the factory radio didn't come with
{CD | MP3 | XM | shortwave}.

-GAWollman