Re: Radio Listening--Human Contact

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 12:49:15 -0500 "Dan Strassberg"
<dan.strassberg@att.net> writes:
> Is it that something has happened to radio (which we KNOW is true) or
> that
> something has happened to people--or both?
>snip<
One of the attractions of radio
> is--or
> has been--that it provides companionship (of a sort). Is it just
> because I
> am older that I do not find companionship in music alone without
> some DJ
> patter? I always regarded the companionship provided by radio (with
> live or
> simulated-live voices) as fulfilling a basic human need.
> Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
> 617-558-4205, eFax 707-215-6367

Before I got into radio (yes Virginia, they had radio back in the olden
days) WHDH had a great liner that I thought said it all.  Paraphrasing
because my memory is.....I forget.....
"It's what's between the records that matters" or something like
that...anyone remember for certain?
df