Re: Fwd: Sox, etc.

Laurence Glavin wrote:

>The Red Flops can move to Oshkosh for
> all I care if they'd only take NESN off
> my cable TV and rebate the 2 buck-plus.

That's not the way it works. At least it didn't work that way here in
Connecticut. Cox removed MSG from its Meriden-Southington-Cheshire
system back in the spring and replaced it with the Yankees' YES Network
... and added $2 to everyone's cable bill! The logical questions were
asked by the local cable advisory council -- "Shouldn't you be charging
us only the difference between what you were paying MSG and what you
will pay YES, unless you were paying nothing for MSG all these years?"
-- but Cox stonewalled and said the information on how it arrived at the
$2 number was privileged corporate information.

Also, a previous poster said that all of New England but Fairfield
County, CT, is paying $2 a month to NESN. Nope. According to a fellow at
NESN I spoke to a couple of months ago, there are still three holdouts
outside of Fairfield County: Comcast in New Haven (New Haven Co.), Cox
right here in Meriden-Southington-Cheshire (Hartford and New Haven Cos.)
and one small system whose location I don't recall.

Howard