Re: WILD Sign-offs??

I don't believe that PSSA (or PSRA) powers can be higher than 500W. Moreover,
PSRA powers are generally higher than PSSA powers. The reasons for this are
historic. PSRAs came along before PSSAs, at a time when the FCC was more
lenient.

WROL is an example; it has a PSRA for 500W and a night power of something like
93W. I've heard that, even though there are no Class A AMs on 950, WROL has a
PSSA in addition to its night authorization and that the station runs more than
93W during the first two hours after sunset. The power is higher during the
first hour after sunset, less during the second hour, and still less from two
hour past sunset until 6:00 AM local time or sunrise, whichever is earlier. And
in addition to all that, the PSSA powers (remember, there are two each day) are
specified differently for each month of the year (generally less in the winter
than in the summer).

The arrangement is so complex that I can't believe a station could possibly get
it right without a 365-day (366 in leap years) timer or the equivalent program
on a computer (that had better not be running Windows. Have you ever heard of a
Windows machine that didn't require rebooting for 365 days? How about, oh,
seven days?)
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205