Re: Yiddish Radio Project

At 07:13 PM 12/9/2002, David W. Harris wrote:
>Aaron Read asked:
>
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Yiddish Radio Project originally aired on
> > All Things Considered, which is also aired on WGBH, not just WBUR.
> >
>You're right that the Yiddish Radio Project aired on ATC and you're
>right that ATC also airs on WGBH but it does not follow that the Yiddish
>Radio Project aired on WGBH.  That's because documentary series like
>this almost always air in the second half of even-numbered hours (ET) on
>ATC.  WGBH doesn't air the half-hour of ATC that starts at
>4:30/6:30/8:30 (etc.).

I vaguely remember that the Yiddish Radio Project was unusual because it
was aired at more prominent time than similar projects usually did...but
that might be my memory mis-firing.  Maybe I remember it being unusual just
because the pieces were longer than normal.

Dave F - do you remember when it aired on WBUR? (I checked the NPR/ATC site
and the YRP sites - no indication of when in ATC it aired)

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron