Re: If You Missed Moyers, You Didn't Miss Much

  Keating Willcox wrote:

>We had Jim Hightower on for quite a while. You may ask him if he remembers
>coming to Boston, we had lunch together and I had high hopes for his show,
>as he is a superb master of the English language. He expresses ideas in a
>very interesting and poetic way, and is as good a spokesperson as the left
>has.

He also, unfortunately, has a rather grating voice & accent.  I agree he
has some interesting, and well-expressed viewpoints, but he's tough to
listen to for very long.

>I was always looking for talk show hosts that, conservative or liberal
>were friends of Israel, and with the exception of Bob Grant, were civil to
>members of all races. What a pity that the most popular local shows in
>afternoon drive (Howie and Jay) are so nasty to non-anglos.

Have never heard Jay, but I've never considered Howie particularly nasty to
non-anglos.  He does seem to have little patience with people who feel that
because they're ethnic they're entitled to special treatment...whole
different issue though.