RE: Dead FM Broadcasting Technologies

> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:26:11 -0500
> From: "Hakim Madjid" <HMadjid@mindspring.com>
> Subject: RE: Dead FM Broadcasting Technologies
>
> That being said, there were FM tuners and receivers that were brought
> to market that had a front panel 'Dolby FM' switch...

Both the mid-1970's Marantz and Sansui receiver behemoths that I own and
use (and that I maintain blow away comparable consumer units nowadays for
radio reception, audio fidelity, reliabilty and longetivity) have Dolby
FM switches, for what it's worth.

I can't picture any of the disposable consumer junk manufactured nowadays
still functioning in the year 2030 the way those heavy, powerful mid-70's
analog receivers still function today.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .