Re: AT&T/Comcast rates

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:57:45 -0500 "Brian Vita" <brian_vita@cssinc.com>
writes:
> I have AT&T cable at my office in Peabody so that I can watch the
> Weather
> Channel and CNN when the need arises.  Although I am the only
> potential
> viewer of the set and the general public is excluded, I have to pay
> the
> outrageous amount of $50/month for basic.  Given the fact that the
> TV is on
> no more than 2 hours/month, its kind of ridiculous.

This is apparently a system wide policy.  When I first bought the
laundromat 4+ years ago I contacted cable about turning it back on in the
mat (it is already wired) I told them all I wanted was the basic to clear
up the broadcast channels, they said that option was not available to
businesses and that I had to purchase the first THREE tiers of packages
for a cost of about $50 a month.   The rabbit ears I bought were about
$15.
df