Re: Thoughts after visiting the Hub

Paul Anderson wrote:
>The worst spot I've heard on a major market station recently is the one
>running on WBZ advertising Taiwan.  It sounds like the phonograph record
>accompanying a grade-school filmstrip (OK, how many of us remember
>filmstrips) except they have a URL at the end.  Except you can't
>understand a word of the URL syntax.

WBZ has lots of amateurish-sounding spots...way too many voiced by clients
(those for Nina's Lighting are especially bad...bordering on
unintelligible).  I'm sure the most-listened to station in New England can
afford a good production staff, so it must be by design.  Something I find
especially annoying is when they give the expiration date of an offer in a
spot, they always seem to say it as "nine-fourteen-oh-two" instead of
giving the date in a manner that normal people would use.  Can't imagine
it's THAT much faster to say it that way.