Re: Comcast merger FAQs

--- Roger Kirk <rogerkirk@ttlc.net> wrote:
> I fault not your logic, but choice of words:
> "could result in lower costs for consumers"

Please note that I used the word "could."  You and
Dave are obviously correct that cable rates have only
gone in one direction -- up.  However, I still
question the logic of blaiming the price increases on
changes in regulations that have allowed mega mergers
of the cable companies.  Maybe there is a connection,
but the post that I was responding to offered no
evidence or even explanation of why the two things
were neccessarily related.

I also have little sympathy for those that complain
about cable rates.  Cable TV is a luxury.  It's not
like food, housing and transportation.  If the
government is going to get involved in regulating
prices of any product or service, cable TV would be
well down on my list.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine