Re: Comcast merger FAQs

"Dan Billings" wrote:
> Your logic leaves a lot to be desired.
> <snip>Larger cable companies have
> more leverage to get lower prices from providers,
> which could result in lower costs for consumers.

I fault not your logic, but choice of words:
"could result in lower costs for consumers"

Most companies pass their savings on to their
bank account - especially those with little or no
competition.  May I quote a Cable Company
executive with whom I dealt many years ago -
"Never (repeat NEVER) base your price on cost.
Base it solely on what the market will bear"
That logic forbids lowering the price if the costs
go down.

Roger Kirk