Re: Comcast merger FAQs

--- Joseph Pappalardo <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Just to show even more how convaluted DC is....is
> that
> he was nominated to the post by a Democrat!

I think the FCC is one of the independent agencies
where representation from both parties is required by
law.  In such cases, when nominating members of the
other party, the President usually nominates the
person recommended by that party's leadership in
Congress.  So you really can't blame Clinton for
Powell -- he was pushed for the job by Trent Lott and
company.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Why am I defending Clinton?