Boston Celtics Basketball On WCCM

  Checking the website for WCCM (1490 Haverhill) it has been updated to show
that they are now part of the Boston Celtics radio network. They posted a
Celtics broadcast schedule on the site showing game times and TV outlet (Fox
Sports New England, TNT, etc.) but don't go by that schedule for games WCCM
will carry. They didn't have last night's game, as they were broadcasting
the Tewksbury at Lowell High School football game. They also carry Merrimack
College hockey games and high school basketball games in season as well, so
I would guess they may not carry all Celtics games. I do believe WSMN (1590
Nashua) is also carrying Celtics games this season, according to the Boston
Celtics' website.

   Back to WCCM: I caught part of last night's Tewksbury/Lowell H.S.
football game, with John Collins (formerly of WSMN & WOTW Nashua) calling
the game on what sounded like a bad cell phone in an echo chamber. Collins
indicated that it was his first game on WCCM and that he's looking forward
to bringing listeners more great local sports all winter. Hopefully with
better phone lines!!

Mark Watson