Re:Re:RE: RE: Political ads with phone numbers

---------- Joseph Pappalardo <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com> writes:
>The 3rd part candidates (for Mass Gov)couldn't have
>asked for more attention from the media this time
>around.  Virtually everyone knows who they are....and
>virtually everyone has rejected their canidacies.
>snip - for the purpose of saving space<

Actually I think you're off base, but only slightly.  The third party candidates got some coverage this time, but much of it was about their fight to be heard, not the issues.  I think the third party candidates are very concerned about "The Spoiler" label and I have heard a number of people interviewed today who support one of the third party candidates but will be voting for a mainstreamer for fear of putting someone worse into office.  I would not call that a rejection of their candiacies but instead it's an effect of the polls and media telling us that they have worse than a snowballs chance of being elected and rejected out of hand.  I will agree that Stein will have an impact on O'Brien as a matter of fact former President Clinton was campaigning with O'Brien today and warned against voting for Stein saying the Democrats don't want to be "Nader-ized" again.  Howell could have taken some of the hard line GOP vote away from Romney if she had used her brief time in the limelight doing something other than pushing Ballot Question #1.

Actually I had written more, much more but I was beginning to get off into a political discussion versus broadcast so in deference to Garrett I deleted it...BTW, did you know there are "third" party candidates running for other offices?  Bet not many people know that.
df