Re:RE: RE: Political ads with phone numbers

--- tklaundry@juno.com wrote:

> My hope is that one of the "minor" party candidates
> gets enough of the vote to force the major media to
> sit up and take notice....

[rant on - delete if you don't like rants]

The 3rd part candidates (for Mass Gov)couldn't have
asked for more attention from the media this time
around.  Virtually everyone knows who they are....and
virtually everyone has rejected their canidacies.

Most have a "mishmash" of political ideas.  They
attract someone with 1 message and turn them off with
the next message..  Thats why none of them could
really get a full head of steam.

I would also say that none of them look like
'leaders'.  A leader is someone you feel you can
line-up behind and follow...cuz you feel confident
they know the way.  I don't think people feel that for
Stein, Johnson or Howell.

I am not for multi-party elections...because you have
the Gore/Nader effect, Perot/Bush,Sr. ...and people
might end up with an agenda in government they never
wanted.

If indeed there are more people resonating with the
Stein/O'Brien positions...then they could split that
vote (and both lose) and leave the seat to someone who
was not the choice of the majority.

I don't like "coalition" Gov'ts either.  Look how well
they have done around the world.  (That usually seems
to happen when we gut multiple parties.)

[rant off]

$.02

JP

=====