Re: A Most Peculiar Priority

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 11:21  PM, tklaundry@juno.com wrote:

> Off the radio topic briefly and a note on Channel 5's coverage of the
> pre-debate during the 6 o'clock news Tuesday.  Janet Wu looked us in
> the eye and said, "voters have three choices next week.  Romney,
> O'Brien or no one".  I can tell you that statement caused quite the
> stir in the WBUR newsroom, we all looked at each other and questioned
> if that's really what we heard her say....apparently it was....so much
> for unbiased reporting. "news you can trust".

And what about the race between John Kerry and Michael Cloud for the US
Senate seat?  The media (radio, TV and newspapers) have totally ignored
this one.  I bet there are a lot of people who don't even know that
Kerry is running for re-election, much less that someone is running
against him.

To have the media pick which candidates they think can win, and then
cover just those candidates, is irresponsible.

Paul