Re: Mega Sells WARE

  Sean Smyth wrote:

>I would think that a local local station could succeed on 1250...and WARE
>was, for the most part, but now that the station has been gone for a couple
>years I imagine bringing that local listenership back to a small AM will be
>near impossible.

Would the economy of the area support a local station?  Even before Mega
bought it, the station was just an automated jukebox with an almost
non-existent spot load.  Pretty tough for a standalone AM with a -good-
signal to make it today, much less one that puts most of its signal where
there are few listeners.  Dan S. mentioned the possibility of a syndicated
polka format...being of eastern European heritage myself I could get into
that (not that I'd be able to hear it with WKBR's tx 5 mi away).