Re: Mega Sells WARE

Steve Ordinetz writes:
> Isn't this considerably less than they paid for it just a couple years
> ago?  One would have thought that they'd have actually checked to see
> if the signal covered the market they were trying to reach before
> they bought a station in the middle of nowhere.  I wish the new
> owners luck...they'll need it.

I read at the time Mega's reasoning was that since Ware is plopped right
between Woosta and Sprinfiel' that they thought 1250 would kill two birds
with one stone. Apparently, the people at Mega overestimated the
Spanish-speaking population in Ware, Brookfield, Belchertown, et al.

I would think that a local local station could succeed on 1250...and WARE
was, for the most part, but now that the station has been gone for a couple
years I imagine bringing that local listenership back to a small AM will be
near impossible.