Re: monopoly definition

On 19 Oct 2002 at 19:14, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> How much TV coverage could there have been in 1953?  I remember seeing an
> interview with Don Gillis years ago and he said in the early days they had
> to fight with mgmt because they wanted to film the entire ballgame to
> playback highlights on the 11 o'clock news.  Mgmt objected to filming the
> entire game since all they played back were homeruns, rbi's etc so why not
> just film them.... ;-0 df

At the time, WNAC radio and TV were carrying Braves games.  I don't know how many
games they broadcast, but they did at least some.  I suppose they still could have shown
Braves games from Milwaukee, but I don't know why the Boston audience would be
interested.

Which reminds me, I seem to remember something about a lawsuit when the Braves moved
from Milwaukee to Atlanta.  A judge in Wisconsin issued an injunction ordering them to play
in Milwaukee, but since they were by then in Atlanta, it couldn't be enforced.  I think they
may also have arranged to have a Georgia judge order them to play in Atlanta, just for good
measure.  There may have been some appellate proceedings in Wisconsin, but I don't know
what they were.