Re: monopoly definition

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:17:37 -0400 "A. Joseph Ross"
<lawyer@attorneyross.com> writes:
> On 16 Oct 2002 at 16:36, DonKelley@aol.com wrote:
>
> > The following year, 1953, Lou Perini moved the Braves to
> > Milwaukee...where his AAA team was located. This was a last-minute
> > decision made in late March - about two weeks before the season
> > started. The NL approved the move.
>
> It's amazing to me that they could accomplish the move so fast.  I
> would have thought there
> would have been a lot of set contracts in Boston, and I wouldn't
> expect that necessary
> contracts for a stadium, radio and TV coverage, etc. could have been
> arranged in Milwaukee
> that fast.

How much TV coverage could there have been in 1953?  I remember seeing an
interview with Don Gillis years ago and he said in the early days they
had to fight with mgmt because they wanted to film the entire ballgame to
playback highlights on the 11 o'clock news.  Mgmt objected to filming the
entire game since all they played back were homeruns, rbi's etc so why
not just film them.... ;-0
df