Re: Re: WATD

On 19 Oct 2002 at 19:26, Dave Faneuf wrote:

> Funny, in my limited experience with this I found just the opposite.  My
> late mother-in-law would be listening to her radio that was tuned just off
> the station,  when I walked in the noise hit me like a ton of bricks and
> the first thing I'd do is re-tune the station.  I walked into the
> laundromat the other day and found my wife doing the same thing.  When I
> retuned the station she said thanks, I'd been wanting to do
> that.....AAAAAAAHHHHHHH df

I wonder whether there's something else going on.  Men are, for some reason, more inclined
to tinker with gadgets than women, especially older women, and more willing to try to
understand them.  Witness the phenomenon of men constantly flipping channels with the
remote, which women don't do.  I remember years ago, visiting an elderly aunt, who at some
point told me that she couldn't get Channel 7 on her TV.  So I turned on the TV and adjusted
the fine tuning.  That was all it took, but she didn't think to try it.  Another elderly aunt once
told me that since some people came in to clean, her TV didn't come on instantly any more.
I found the instant-on button in the back of the set and pushed it in.