RE: Re: WATD

Dave Faneuf writes:
>This is just one example of my belief that if you put out a
>good product you will attract listeners no matter what your
>COL or power.

I consider that the kitchen counter test.  If listeners to their crappy
old kitchen radio can pull a signal in, and it's listenable in content
as well as signal quality, I doubt many could care less as to output
power of the xmtr.  I agree that the old WEEI 590 Boston is a great
example of that (from the Greater Boston perspective.)  I think that
when radio was actually a relevant part of people's local lives, and a
primary source for information, it was the technique-over-size factor.
Stations today, as niche players, get by with a well-oiled automation
system and <zipper sfx> size.

Bill O'Neill