Re:Re: WATD

---------- SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> writes:
>With very few exceptions, the days are gone when a station with a >cruddy
>signal would still pull 'em in.  It amazes me to look back to the >60s/early
>70s when some Class IV graveyard channel AMs pulled amazing numbers.  >The
>ever-newer WMEX gave WBZ & WRKO a run for the money even with a really
>awful signal that reached a lot of fish, but not much of anyone else.

This is just one example of my belief that if you put out a good product you will attract listeners no matter what your COL or power.  The other example that immediately comes to mind is the old WEEI (590).  Even before their all-news days they drew pretty good ratings even though they were only 5kw. They were still able to give WBZ and WHDH a run for their money
df