Re: monopoly definition

On 15 Oct 2002 at 0:53, tklaundry@juno.com wrote:

> So here's the question.  If MLB is considered a monopoly then what
> prevents the same standards from being imposed on corporations that own
> most if not all the major stations in the major markets?

For one thing, someone willing to bring an anti-trust suit.  I suspect that the competing large
corporations would be vulnerable to counter-suits against them and may not have much to
gain.  The smaller stations don't have the resources for a major anti-trust suit.  And the
Federal Government, under this administration, has no interest in doing it.