RE: Re: WATD

One point about the WEEI's (590) and WMEX's (1510) of the world
First, far fewer people (as a %) had FM receivers, even at home, in the 60's
and before, so I'd believe not knowing how 'crappy' the signal was, people
tolerated a little "Snap Crackle and Pop" with their AM listening. They
didn't know anything else.

Also, I believe many more listeners (as a % of ADI) were in 'tighter' to the
'core city' than they are today. I live in Derry NH, and MOST of the
residents grew up within 20-25 miles of Boston, so when they were growing up
they were actually CLOSER to 590 and 1510, so more acceptable to listen to.

(1510 at night is clearly unlistenable here in Derry to all but the most
intense audiophile, and I'm guessing that was true 40 years ago....hence
they all listened to 'KRB or 'FEA around here back then)

Paul Hopfgarten
East Derry NH 03041