Re:Re:Re: Re: Corporate network bash

Dan writes:
Everyone had the opportunity to witness the speech.

Dave:
Really...invited everyone in the state of Maine that doesn't have cable over to your house did you?

Dan:
Most people have cable, and for those that don't, the
speech was carried live on the radio.

Dave:
Currious, how many stations carried it in your area since so far we've determined in was on one tv broadcast station and 2 radios in Boston?

Dan:
I think it would have been best if at least one broadcast TV
station in each market carried the speech, but I see
no reason that it had to be forced on everyone by
being carried on every station in a market.

Dave:
This from the guy who said "Let the media decide" during our discussion about the gubernatorial debate.  The media apparently decided, America doesn't need to know.   So, how do you pick which station gives up its revenue source for the night?

Dan:
I have yet to see you state a reason why every station
should carry such a speech.  I agree that it should
have been available to everyone, but one thing that is
great about this country is that we are free to choose
Drew Carey over the President.

Dave:
You can have Drew Carey over the President.  The speech was 30 minutes not several hours,  networks manage to delay progamming by 30 minutes or so for football, but not the President of the United States?

Dan:
Your view appears to be that such speeches should be forced down the
throats of the American people because that's what's
good for them.

Dave:
Even if it were on every channel in the country guess what, you as an individual still didn't have to watch it.  Every radio and tv ever made comes with what I have called for years the "moral majority switch"  it's labeled On-Off.  What the networks did was deny access to the speech to people who didn't know that it was going to be on.  Believe it or not a lot of people are not news junkies and don't give it a second thought until they see the president on the tube, then they generally watch enough of it to see if its something they are interested in or not then watch or don't.

Dan:
I reject such an elitist approach.

Dave
Thanks, I haven't had such a good laugh in days !!!