Re: WLYN Now // WUMB!

     I would NOT recommend it! Keep your station local
and sovereign.  'UMB gets enough listeners as it is
right now.  As for WMWM, simply take a computer with
WINAMP and automate the station during overnights and
if "someone doesn't make it in".  By rebroadcasting
another station you risk the having the other station
"getting too comfortable" with the arrangement and may
try to take more time from YOUR operations.
    Just make sure the station has a dial-up remote
and that the legal ID makes it on the air as close to
the hour as possible.
    AGAIN, keep it LOCAL and sovereign.  Many great
college stations have been eaten up by NPR wanna-bees.
 Just look at WAER in Syracuse.  Once a great college
station, this formerly 6,000 watt FM station is now an
NPR clone.  WBUR, once a great college station, now an
NPR news and info station. Don't let this happen to
your station.  LOCAL!

Good luck,
-Peter Q

> But I've wondered if WUMB would ever come to my
> station (WMWM) and ask for some sort of deal where
> we would simulcast them whenever we're off air
> (like between midnight and 7 am, or whenever there's
> an "open slot"). Maybe a moot point, as WNEF 91.7
> winds up coming in well in the area once WMWM
> signs off, anyway.

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)