Re: Re:Re: Debate lawsuit

  Dave Faneuf wrote:

> That's why I started my post with the question about whether anyone had
heard any stories about this.  So, Carl had the story Monday that was on the
wire Saturday.  Am I correct to assume the TV's haven't covered it yet?

   I had sent a post to the list a few minutes ago, but for some reason it
hasn't made it yet. WCVB Channel 5 had a story about 2 of the other
candidates on it's 5PM news this afternoon, in fact it was the 4th story in.
Their lawsuit was heard by a judge in Middlesex Superior Court today, she
will hand down a ruling tomorrow which may or may not order debate
organizers to include all candidates on the ballot.

 Dave Faneuf also wrote:
>The press release from Carla Howell, she is the one who filed a complaint
with the FCC and a suit in Worcester Superior Court (The others filed suit
in Middlesex Superior Court and not with the FCC) she claims WPI contacted
her 2 weeks ago to iron out details of her participation and even had her
listed as a participant on their website, but then the media consortium
sponsoring the event took a "secret" vote to exclude the "minor" candidates

   Channel 5's report also mentioned Howell's lawsuit, which is scheduled to
be heard by a judge in Worcester Superior Court on Tuesday morning. I wonder
if the debate organizers would cancel the debate if the courts rule in favor
of the 3 candidates tomorrow or appeal the ruling if it's in the candidates'
favor. Could be an interesting situation if that happens.

Mark Watson