Re: Commercials 103.3

--- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
> > And then there are the non-comms who _don't_
> fundraise
> > on the air. Lots of music then...though
> > the signal might not exactly be strong. Oh well!
>
> So where do they get their money?

Student activity fees (WMWM has gotten by on less
than $10,000 a year), bare-bones expenses (sharing
an engineer with 20 other stations), fundraising
nights at local nightclubs, etc.

Also donations from staffers. When WMWM's cassette
deck in the on-air studio died, I donated my old
one. Somebody donated a sofa and loveseat. We get
albums for free. DJs aren't paid, etc. Some stations
are like Filene's. Some are like Target. We are like
Building #19 :)