Re: Gubernatorial lawsuit

  Dave Faneuf wrote:

> I found it interesting that the AP reported Saturday that Green Party
> Gubernatorial Candidate Jill Stein and Independent Party Gubernatorial
> Candidate Barbara Johnson filed suit against the Boston TV outlets
> charging that they are violating law by broadcasting the gubernatorial
> debates that include only 2 of the 5 candidates, their argument is that
> the media corporations are providing free air time for two candidates but
> not all the candidates running for governor. I did not watch Channel 5's
11pm news Friday night.
> Did anyone catch whether or not they reported on the lawsuit Friday
> because I know they didn't on Saturday night.

   I don't know if it was reported on any TV newscasts as I didn't watch
much TV this weekend, from the few minutes I was listening to WBZ on the
road they didn't mention it. I did see a brief mention in the Boston Globe
yesterday, their article said that the 3 excluded candidates have filed a
complaint with the FCC against WBZ-TV, WCVB, WHDH, and New England Cable
News regarding their exclusion from this Tuesday night's televised debates.
Not that the FCC will do anything about it, but at least the candidates have
made their displeasure known to the folks in DC.

Mark Watson